Saturday, May 1, 2010

Timing part 2

I am perpetually amazed at timing. A lot lately.

I was in a car accident today. If things had worked out differently today, I wouldn't have been in a car accident. If my gym membership didn't need a new card number I would have gone in and worked out. Instead, I went home. I looked at the paper to see when Clash of the Titans was playing in Burbank. 12:10 pm. On a whim I decided to go. If I went to a 3 pm movie, no accident...

All the timing that got me to that point, all the variables are astounding. So it can be said that every moment is a moment where an accident didn't happen because the timing wasn't right. The universe didn't collide in bad or good ways.

I once ran into someone I knew in college when I was in Europe. I was in Paris, fresh out of school and a randomly picked resturaunt was where I ran into Andy Davids. He walked up and said "hi" like he expected to see me there. Kind of surprising since I hadn't seen him for 2 years when he transferred to a different college. But I then ran into him 4 weeks later in the Tube in London and greeted him like I expected to see him. Also on that trip, in Florence Italy, I ran into people I went to high school with. What amazing timng for those random happy accidents.

So pay attention to the random chance of the world and see what accidents you just avoided. Or not.

No comments: