Sunday, May 2, 2010

People in Los Angeles drive like SHIT

I was in an accident yesterday. Not going to go into details right now, but at 4 am I'm trying to get back to sleep and the statement, "people in LA drive like SHIT" keeps going thru my head.

Everyday, every single day I drive the streets and freeways of Los Angeles I avoid a minimum of an accident a day. People drive like they are stupid or crazy on the roads. I've seen a Mercedes cross 4 lanes of freeway traffic at 80 mph narrowly missing me and 3 other cars while all the rest of the traffic is going 50 mph because that's as fast as the freeway can travel at that time. It's not nice to say but I wanted that asshole to be a fiery wreck I passed a minute later. He wasn't.

I've seen cars spinning on the freeway in the rain or cross in front of me, in the rain, go up an enbankment on the side of the road and roll. You are driving stupid in the rain. What the fuck are you thinking? Can't get someplace if you are dead.

People are still driving with a cell phone to their ears. Thought that was illegal. Oh, wait, it is. And, sorry, but holding a cell phone away from your ear as you talk is still illegal. Hands fucking free, asshole. I still see people texting. That's illegal too. And probably the most dangerous activity you can do in a car except maybe give the driver a blowjob.

Pedestrians aren't much better. I see people jaywalking all the time. Even if they are 20 feet from a crosswalk, they will jaywalk against traffic instead of walking 20 feet to the light and waiting. I guess death is an okay option if you are running late. Or these people are so important that laws for traffic, jaywalking, and, Hell, even parking do not apply. They are special.

Or they are fucking assholes.

Now you might say I'm in a mood. Well, I am. I was in an accident, have to come up with $500 for the deductible and be inconvenienced by the whole process. My insurance will go up, and it's not like insurance in CA is cheap.

So fuck it. I'm in a mood. And now maybe I can get back to sleep.

2 comments:

shelly blaisdell said...

I'm really glad you're not hurt. Sorry about you mood. Do you have any heavy narcotics laying around?

spartacus said...

No drugs.
Mood is a bit better, but still worried about the money. Deductibles and whatnot. And my insurance is probably going up.