Thursday, October 15, 2009

Wackiness

Well, my upstairs neighbor is dealing with the new landlords. Why? Well.... her dogs were going ape shit on Monday night from about midnight to 2:30 am. And to add to the problem she left the apartment with her friends who were visiting and locked the friend's dog in the bathroom for about an hour to keep them all out of mischief. So what does the poor animal do?

Howls, cries, barks, scratches at the bathroom door for an hour. This had my neighbors dogs offering their support by howling and barking too. For the better part of an hour. All 3 dogs were separated from each other and not happy. Animal cruelty, if you ask me. But neighbor cruelty, too.

So I called my manager the next day and complained. That's what they are there for. This type of thing is something the police would refer to animal services. Trust me, I know. This is not my first encounter with this neighbor's animals. And certainly not my first encounter with her...

The manager had their lawyer craft a "3 day or quit" notice. There are a few ways to deal with a notice like that.
1. Explode! Claim to be a victim! The world is against me! (Which for this neighbor, the world, at least my block hates her.)
2. Shut the fuck up and become a church mouse. Never seen, never heard.
3. Uh, can't think of anything. Hmm.

She chose option 1. Big shock. When the dog barked for the first time after getting the 3 day notice, she screamed at it, "No Barking! EVER!" I feel sorry for the dogs... But not the neighbor. I want the landlords to finally evict her. The previous landlord wanted to evict her. But the easer way to deal with her... Sell the building. Seriously. She was a major reason for selling my place. Tells you a lot about her, hunh?

I do think I have a right to some peace and quiet... And if it means she is evicted, please do so quickly.

2 comments:

shelly blaisdell said...

ooohhhhh .. . so so so so sorry.

spartacus said...

I feel sorry for the dogs.