Saturday, October 17, 2009

Friending. (Facebook #3)

I ignored a friend request last week from someone I did theatre with over a decade ago. He had a small meltdown that ended up with him cheating on his wife. Leaving her for the girl he cheated on, marrying her, having 2 kids. He moved up north. Now, I knew all this without having any contact with him. I got this information thru a few people. The general concensus was "Wow, he fucked up his life." Basically the last decade of his life was where he went awry after sleeping with the girl in question.

The thing is, I know who he is, but don't really want to have any contact with him. Don't have much to say to him. Maybe, "what the fuck were you thinking? With what part were you thinking?" But the reality of it is, I don't really care. I don't want to know what to say to him. Does this mean I am a bad person? Well, my upstairs neighbor would say "yes!" (read the previous blog entry.)

I'm not sending friend requests often. And I am careful who I send to. I'm not sending to everyone. It's another platform to IM from as far as I am concerned. I don't have much to say, so my status stays the same for days at a time. It's strange how people are changing their status every 3 hours. I don't find my own life that interesting that I am going to post about it.

Here's an example of a possible post from me. "My ass is sore from sitting on the steel beams at Verizon Ampitheatre." Not that interesting... "Bruised knees from the hard steel in the roof. But I didn't die! Yay!" Or, "Worked in the asbestos snowglobe in Anaheim again. Cough."

I need better wit if I am to stay interesting on FB.

1 comment:

LolaDiana said...

These are good staus updates! I update, because other wise I only talk to Lilo all day, or the car. Gets a bit lonely...