Monday, April 26, 2010

Arizona, what the fuck?

I was born and raised in Arizona. It's a great place, generally. It's kind of stuck in it's morality and thinking at times. Kind of a throw back to the 50's way of thinking. But the law that was signed last week by the governor is ridiculous. I have a hard time thinking that anyone with half a brain cannot see this tough immigration law is racial profiling.

The Arizona police can ask anyone for proof that they are in the country legally. The thing is the governor couldn't say what an illegal immigrant looks like. Really? I'm thinking BROWN. Do you think any of the police will be asking tall blond people for their papers? Nope. They aren't looking for German illegals or Swedish illegals. Just brown people.

The law will not stand. It will be challenged as unconstitutional. And it will be another fuck up by an Arizona governor. 2 words. Evan Mecham. I think he was the only governor in the USA successfully recalled by the electorate. We are trend setters in Arizona.

Should something be done about illegal immigrants? Yes. What? I don't know. I do know if I were in New Zealand illegally, I would be shown the door. So to speak. It's not like there is one great big door to let you into NZ. That would be silly. And not very practical.

No comments: