Saturday, February 5, 2011

Facebook, Privacy, and Stalking

I got to admit I find it funny that people on Facebook get apps that tell them who is looking at their profiles, their pictures, and how often. If they were really so concerned with pictures and privacy, they wouldn't post anything on a social network that disseminates your information all over the world.

Instead of getting an app which tells you who is looking at your site, make the privacy settings super tight. If you think someone might be a stalker, don't "Friend" them. Or if they are a friend, unfriend them. So what if they might be offended. How often do you really see your FB friends in person or talk to them on the phone?

I know someone who has over 2600 "friends". I can't imagine what it would be like. I don't know that many people. My true friends I see in person. I talk to them on the phone. We go get a beer. Getting a beer with 2600 people would require a small stadium.

So where the fuck is this post going? I don't really know. I just wanted to vent. ;)

No comments: