Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Body Modification

I have no tattoos or piercings. It's a choice. I have seen some really cool tattoos and thought it might be cool to get one, but then I change my mind for lots of reasons. What happens when you no longer like the tattoo? You're kinda stuck with it. It can be lasered off, but that costs about 5 - 10 times the price of the tattoo. So it doesn't seem like a good investment.

A friend of mine got his fiance's name tattooed on his arm after she had his tattooed on hers. He was leery about the idea but did it anyway. Guess what? They broke up within 6 months. So he had "Courtney" on his arm. Tattoo artists will advise against getting the tattoo of a person's name on you. You will break up with them in 6 months.

I have a friend who is a former makeup artist in LA. She would spend hours covering up tattoos on actors. It's like painting a wall. It takes several coats to cover them up and then you need to touch up because of sweat and wear. I have on my acting resume under special skills "no tattoos or piercings". I am a blank slate. If a part needs a tattoo, it can be created on my skin. I heard Ozzy Osbourne in an interview say, "if you want to stand out, don't do anything." Since everyone seems to have something done...

Piercings. Lips, tongue, eyebrows, anything you can think of can be pierced. Genitals, Ouch! I didn't like a scratch test for allergies. Piercings, no thanks. When I was a kid and I was losing a tooth, my tongue would play with it because it was something foreign going on in my mouth. The thing I notice about tongue and lip piercings is that the person will play with it constantly. And they have no idea they are doing it. I did know a girl with a pierced clit. It was kinda interesting, but not gonna say any more.

So basically I am boring. I think the body modification that can be done is not that interesting. The body modification I want is wings. Real ones. I want to be able to fly. Fuck the 405 I'll just fly to where I need to go. Or gills might be interesting. So I could scuba in warm water sans scuba gear. Or a prehensile tail. It would be helpful rigging. Though only one of these at a time. If you had wings and a tail, all you need is a little hat, and you're a flying monkey from the Wizard of Oz.

1 comment:

LolaDiana said...

Funny! I always wanted a fuck ass big dragons tail so I could knock people over.