Sunday, December 6, 2009

Crazy Moon

I saw the vampire sequel the other night. I'd been seeing so many good movies lately, I thought I'd change it up a bit.

I'm not a teenage girl, but is a guy taking off his shirt showing his 6 pack abs really scream worthy? Evertime the wolf boy took off his shirt, girls screamed. The same with the moody vampire who can't find a comb; and his abs looked painted on like they used to do in baywatch.

The script was average. The movie was inundated with pregnant pauses and a lot of eyebrow acting. Watching an actor being moody and pensive gets annoying after 3 minutes. And would you look at the girl you are doing the scene with for Christ sake? The girl? Holy crap, if I were her dad I would have said, "Honey, we are going to get you some prozac. From Costco. Waking every night screaming? That would push me over the edge. And why did these 2 guys fight over her? she wasn't that interesting. As a food source for a monster, maybe. (I've been a vampire. Twice. Go out and kill something you fucking pansies!) But really, this movie made $500,000,000 so far? Damn.

Want to know a good movie? Here's my list: Up in the Air; District 9; An Education; The Last Station; The Informant; The Hurt Locker; 500 Days of Summer; Up; The Young Victoria; Sherlock Holmes.
A lot of these were total surprises. Some I didn't expect to like and really enjoyed. Some I knew nothing about and was pleasantly surprised.

So there you go. See you at the movies. Or in my livingroom watching DVD screeners.

No comments: