Saturday, November 21, 2009

Hemp Heads

Once again I was accosted by a marijuana user advocating it's legalization. This was someone I was working with 100 feet in the air on an I-beam, so I couldn't really get away from him. Nice guy, but I don't want him to rig while stoned.

He was telling me about how useful it is; how it can be used for all these medicinal purposes. That the brain has a certain part that all it does is be effected by marijuana. How he can drive an hour after smoking wihout being impaired--no matter how much he smoked. In fact, peope who have smoked marijuana are more careful driving than people who are stone sober.

In my head I'm thinking, "Really? Really?" The research and studies he is quoting are not in his footnotes, so I think the data is rather anecdotal. Something that is passed down from stoner to stoner. What may have been studied is lost with the "Dude!" factor. The brain thing? Evolution created a part of the brain that it's only use is to be effected by THC? Wow, I guess I'm only using 9% of my brain then. The driving thing is bullshit. Flat out bullshit. People who have smoked dope before driving are probably more careful because, A.) they are stoned, and B.) they are paranoid they are going to get picked up by the cops.

It has always seemed to me that stoners are constantly, desperately trying to convince people that smoking dope is not a bad thing. They also come up with other uses for hemp; paper, clothing, rope, oils, the list is rather long and gets a bit absurd. And I tend to think they thought up all these uses for hemp while they were stoned and giggling.

They also say that alcohol has worse effects on people and driving. It most ceratinly does effect driving, reason and judgement. But also there are laws that put your drunk ass in jail if you drink and drive. Marijuana also effects your drving reason and judgement. Eat a whole box of twinkies while you have the munchies and see what happens.

Last time I smoked dope was at a bachelor party 9 years ago. A totally hot nude stripper offered me a toke. Since I have a rule agreeing to whatever a hot nude woman says, I acquiesced. That rule has generally garnered positive outcomes.

Do I care if people smoke dope? No. Don't drive. Hit my car and I will be very cross. Most dope smokers are quite harmless. They sit on the couch happily eating marshmellows. Just don't preach to me about how it is a misunderstood drug. People who are tweakers don't advocate Meth. Same with coke heads, and heroin users. It's just the pot heads.

No comments: