Sunday, November 29, 2009

Acting

I am on the SAG Nominating Committee. I get to vote for the performances that are in the SAG awards. This means I get to see a lot of movies for free. I missed a number of things this past year. The BIG movies. Transformers 2, Terminator Salvation. Paul Blart, Mall Cop. The movies I am getting to see are smaller and a bunch are really good.

Watching movies or anything when you are an actor causes a very strange reaction. At least for me it does. I look at movies as someone who is in the business, and I see the parts I could have played. I swear to you, in my head I think, "I could have done that." "Why didn't I get to audition for that?" The simple answer to that is I need kick ass representation. Which I don't have...

In the meantime, I invite people to come see movies with me. I love that ther are no previews, no food or drinks. The movie starts at the time listed. No fuss or hoopla. It's like popping a dvd in and watching at home...

No comments: