Friday, August 21, 2009

Funny Fat Guys

I was working as an extra on a Bud Light commercial this week. When booked for this it was made clear that we would be in tighty whity underwear at some point. Or maybe boxers. No big deal. Been there, worn butt floss (G-string). Got to keep it after the shoot.

Anyway. Out of the 8 extras, 5 were men, 3 women. Out of the men, 4 were in pretty good shape. We were asked if we would wear flesh colored underwear. Bal-Togs they are called. We all agreed. It's a gig, they are paying me. I actually wore something smaller in a shower scene in a commercial.

When we saw the male leads, none of them were in good shape. One guy had lost 50 pounds and had rolls of loose stomach flesh drooping. And on top of that he was hairy. Just don't dance in front of us, Dude! It was pretty gross to look at these guys, but it was funny. It made me wonder what the casting notice said; "30 to 55, real guys. No model types." The spot should be very funny, and things will be pixelated, but where does this air? ESPN? Do I need to watch football to see this?

But it was the Funny Fat Guys who are cast in this spot. There is always room for Funny Fat Guys in Hollywood. So what did I learn that I can take and apply to my career? Hmmmmm...

Eat more doughnuts.

No comments: