Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Landlords

Well, I've heard talk around the building that the landlords have to have a 75% renovation investment to be able to break the rent control. (I wonder what the actual $ amount is) They put in a new line to the sewer. That's probably 20% right there. They now have keys to my place. As I talked with my new manager, she told me that the new landlords are nice people and she use to be a tenant of theirs.

Really? My last landlord was cool. He basically ignored us. But I found out the reason he sold the building was the redneck whore cunt that lives above me. She has been so much of a problem for him over the years, that it was easier to sell the building then try to evict her. What does that say about her?

It does put people like me, a good tenant in a pickle. Though, in this 8 unit building there's only 3 or 4 good tenants. The rest are losers who wouldn't be able to live in LA if they had to pay the normal rent for this neighborhood.

When they were checking locks and keys in the unit next to me, I heard the manager say to the tenant, "You're the one who calls us all the time." Yup, she's a problem child. Very fastidious. Almost to the point of OCD.

So, after the renovations to the place and they break rent control, I will need to find a new place. Paying $1300 or more for a place with no central AC or heat? No thanks...

No comments: