Monday, July 27, 2009

Landlords, and Lawyers and Evictions. Oh my!

Well, the new landlords have served an eviction notice on one of the tenants in my building already. They really are a bunch of bastards. And in the real estate community they are known for being, well, bastards. This from a lawyer that knows of them. They buy buildings "renovate" and do everything to serve eviction notices. Things like "losing" the rent check. It never got here, this is your eviction notice.

A tactic to drive people out is to have people coming into the apartments to do things to fix the place up. 3 or more times a week. And after months or years of this the tenants just get sick of it and leave. Awesome. What a great place I am in. I had to clear out the kitchen and bathroom so the pest people could come in and spray. And it worked. I just saw my first roach in months. Again, Awesome.

There was just something about them. I knew they were bad, but this is surprising. There is a special place in HELL for business people like this...

No comments: