Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Comic Con - day one

I drove down to San Diego in the late morning. Traffic was good getting down. Parking at the con was difficult as always. I went inside, got my badge and connected with Larry Vela. He's a friend from Phoenix who works the convention and had a room with a spare bed. After a bit of miscommunication I got into the room and found the other roommate, sleeping. And snoring up a storm.

"Oh Crap." was the PG version of my thoughts on the sleeping subject. This was going to suck. After all the snoring in Scandinavia, I don't like putting up with it much.

I went to the Old Globe Theatre in the evening. I have a friend there I visit every time I am in San Diego. He's the guest services guy. Tommy Thompson. He's in his 80's and just a great guy. I met him when I used to work there as an actor in the summers. I walked up and I didn't see his kiosk. That worried me. I'm always concerned that he might have passed away and I didn't hear about it. I asked, "where's Tommy?" He was laid off, but doing fine. Which was a relief. I caught 12th Night at the outdoor theatre. I forget what really good theatre is sometimes. There's so much that is not good in LA.

I went back to the hotel and crashed for the night. Got to bed with earplugs and pillows held to my ears. After 150-200 concerts, I have amazing hearing...

1 comment:

LolaDiana said...

MORE about the con please!
Thanks for your note. I did book an industrial this week...but oh for that episode of HOUSE!
xoxoxoxoxo