Saturday, January 31, 2009

Hollywood Near Miss

In another Hollywood near miss, I was going to be the 4th lead in a movie written by a good friend of mine. It was based on her dad and about racing. The 3 other leads are people you have heard of and seen in movies for years and years. I was the only unknown actor in the project.

I met with the writer she was working with. We chatted for an afternoon and he got a feel for me and the way I talk. They were figuring out the financing and stuff like that. It was going to be a very cool project. Low budget. About 5 million or so...

Then the writer got cancer. My friend moved away. And life kind of happened in a way that made the whole project die. This still makes me kind of sad after 5 years since this all happened. It would have been a lot of fun to do, and I might actually have gotten noticed by the Hollywood machine...

If I win the lottery I'm giving her a call to revive this project...

No comments: