Saturday, January 24, 2009

Headshots


I was looking thru a window of a health food store/ suppliment shop next to my gym at the headshots of actors on the walls. The owner waved me in to take a better look. He said if I give him a headshot he'd put it on the wall. Now I've been in LA a while, but I have never had my headshot put on the walls of any business. It always struck me as kind of silly. You rarely see anyone famous or that you even recognize. It's the people struggling that put their photos on the walls of the dry cleaner and donut shop.

But what I wondered at, why did he automatically assume I was an actor? I didn't say anything to him. I had just come from the gym all sweaty and grungy, so I didn't look very actory. (It's a real word. Look it up.)But looking at the pictures, and this is a problem with all headshot, they all look mostly the same. There's very little to catch the eye of the casting directors. It's a picture, the best one the actor has, looking very actory. So in a big pile of pictures, it's a bunch of good looking photos of good looking people...

So if I do it, I might give him the one above...

1 comment:

LolaDiana said...

Tommy saw this and said it was the coolest headshot he's ever seen.