Monday, January 19, 2009

Am I ...

Arrogant?

Hmmm...
I had someone call me arrogant recently. Okay, it was the uneducated, tweaker, noisy, redneck motherfucker from upstairs who told me I was arrogant. That was after a confrontation about him playing an electric guitar like he was in Dodger stadium. Um... Fuck you.

His reasoning? I don't want to hang out with him. I'm "just doing my own thing" and ignoring him. Um... I get to choose who I have as a friend, who I give a damn about, and who I would risk my life to save from a fire. He doesn't fall under any of these categories. Most everyone in the world, I would try to save from burning to death. Him and his noisy wife, not so much. Be an asshole to me for years and years, and I'll just elect to ignore you. It's easier than hiding bodies.

Would anyone really want to hang out with someone who has no education, no interest in the world and hear how awesome he is at work? I know what he does for work. He can be replaced by anyone with a strong back and a rudimentary understanding of the English language. Or pointing.

Does this make me arrogant? Just because we live in the same building doesn't mean I care what you do. As long as it doesn't bother me, knock yourself out. No, really. Take a hammer and bash in your skull.

Is that arrrogant? hmmmm.....

No comments: