Friday, September 5, 2008

First Blog

In this contentious polictical race for President of the United States I feel the need to vent.

Elitist.
Don't you want as President someone who is smarter than you? Don't you want someone who is better than you? Intelligent, with a group of smart people around him to show all sides of an issue so the best course of action can be taken? I think I would like that. Not someone who seizes on a thought or course of action when common sense and information show that it is a bad decision and never changes his mind.

Changing your mind. Or for political opponents, Flip Flopping.
This term was used effectively to derail John Kerry's campaign. Were the "stay the course" examples of the past 8 years were good ideas? I don't think they were.
When a decision or course of actions prove to be disaterous, changing your mind to stop them is a good thing.
If I am in Los Angeles and I want to go to the beach in Santa Monica, I should travel West. I should not go East, though, if I stay the course, the world is round and I'll eventually get there. After a 25000 mile journey around the globe.

No comments: