Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Comic Con, Day 4


Now for me the con was pretty much over. I didn't have anywhere in particular to be nor was there anything I was dying to see.

I went by Comic Con Film School to say thanks to Sean and bye to the panelists. They are an awesome bunch. I hope we get to do it again next year.

I caught up with Zack in the dealers hall. It was even more crowded than the previous day. All the people who were not able to get tickets for any other day came on Sunday. We decided to leave and go across the street to see what the SEGA gaming people had at their booth. They have a new game, Colonial Marines from Aliens vs. Aliens in a first person shooter mutli-player game. But it also looked like you could be an Alien! That was pretty cool. They had a life sized model of the Alien Queen from the movie. There was a sign that said it was an actual movie prop, but I believe that to be a lie. In the movie the queen was an articulated puppet since it was 1986 and before CGI, which can do anything.

We went to the Hard Rock Hotel looking for the video game Hawken. Zack is writing the novelization for the game. We missed it by a day but while looking around we did find another video game he did write. The creator of the game did the script and Zack did a pass to punch it up. We got VIP treatment when they showed the demo. It looks really cool, but also very hard. Zack said it was hard to write because the player has to make every decision for the characters. They turn to the screen and ask, "What do you want to do, Commander?" I gave one of the developers a business card. I do VO after all and video games require lots of voices. Maybe they will call me for an audition. (That would be awesome...)

It was around 2 pm. I needed to get on the road back to LA. I said good-bye to Zack and Joanna and went across the street to see one last thing. In front of the Hilton were all the Batmobiles from 1966 thru 2012. Too cool to let that opportunity to go by even though I was starving.

I took the trolley to get to my car. $2.50 was a good price to save me another couple miles. Comic Con is a lot of walking. A lot. I got on the road to LA. I took the 15 north because I know the 5 would be packed with people leaving. There was only one accident that caused me delays on the 15. There were 3 or 4 on the 5.

I got home and unpacked. It was only 3 nights and 4 days, but it was tiring. As it should be...

No comments: