Thursday, October 21, 2010

Phone Envy

I hate to admit it, but I had a bout of Phone Envy this week.

I have a phone, not a smart phone, but one where I can get email and receive calls. But I don't have the capability to go online and see websites or crap like that. And normally I don't care about that. My phone is for communication, I don't live my life online or thru my phone. But this week I was working a gig that had me sitting for maybe eight hours. I was watching the guy next to me, who is just as bored as me, play with his Droid phone and do stuff my bored mind would have loved to be doing too.

I was asking him questions about his phone and his plan and his service for the Droid. Right then is when I wanted what he had. I can get a new phone because mine is 2 years old and could be replaced without much cost. But I still like my phone. It's been durable as hell, considering the times I dropped it and hit it against things as I've been walking. Would a smart phone be able to take the hit? I don't know...

So I will continue to research this stuff, ask people about their phones, and eventually I will upgrade my phone.

Until then I will be glancing at other people's phones to see how they size up. It's not the size it's how you use it, right?

No comments: