Wednesday, October 13, 2010

90 Days Delayed Slightly

I started the exercise program on Monday! Did the work out for arms and chest. Then I ate a bunch of egg whites. Less than 3 hours later, I ate lunch. At 3 pm I had some cashews. Dinner at 5 pm. Then at 9 pm I had more egg whites. The whole fucking day I was hungry. This was not my normal demons, they were in ravenous overdrive.

Tuesday. I did the plyometrics. Which is a lot of dynamic jumping. I modified it a bit to accommodate my foot. This was tough; I was sweating like crazy into the shirt specially designed to whick away moisture. I watched the clock on the screen wind down. When I finished I showered and worked on clearing my things out of the house where I'd been housesitting for 28 days (86 total for the year so far!). As I walked out the front door with my hands full, I slipped on the wet brick steps and went down. I didn't fall forward, I went into what might be called a quad stretch very fast. It was excruciating. I was lying on the grass trying to get my leg straightened out. I left the stuff outside and went into the house. I had a glass of cold water on the table from working out, I took 2 ibuprophen and sat down on the couch.

I was sweating and shocky. My vision was a bit jumbled. I was in shock. And for the first time in ages I cried for a few minutes. I was in such pain and so disappointed that this would happen on day 2 of training, I just let it out. I needed a cathartic cleaning lately anyway. I iced my thigh for a long time and sat in the dark.

Fuck! What Fucking Next? Jesus!

After the drugs kicked in I was walking around in pain, but no limp. It didn't seem like I tore anything. And the funny thing is, if I had fallen without doing a hard leg workout, I might have been hurt more because all my muscles were cold.

So right now I'm waiting for the leg to feel better. Taking painkillers and anti inflametories. Waiting until I can start doing P90X again.

Fuck me! Extremeness sucks!

1 comment:

shelly blaisdell said...

Brad!!!! This is so NOT fair! I am so sorry! can i do anything to help?