Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bits and Pieces

First off, I'm not hearing things.

This past 2 weeks I was hearing a cat under my building. Which is odd. It was the occasional "meow" that would get my attention. I thought maybe one of the neighbors cats was being especially loud. Or maybe had learned how to throw it's voice. When the meowing had lasted longer than a few seconds I was able to pinpoint the location. Under my apartment near the floor heater. I let the landlord know. They had an exterminator come out. This company had sealed up the vents and access to the crawl space under the building. They said there was no way for a cat to get under the building. Not even a mouse could. OK. I guess I was wrong. I heard the meowing again last night. I put my ear to the floor. Yup. A cat under the building. I went outside with a flashlight and shined it thru the vents. It took a few tries, but I saw it! Ha! There was a cat moving under the building. I recognized it as a stray from the neighborhood. It's black, kinda young. But there it was. I got out a screwdriver and opened the access panel to let it out. I don't think it was trapped, I think it had a way in that the clever humans had not found. Did the cat leave? I don't know. I'm not wrong, and that is kinda important to me.

I went to the doctor today for my shoulder. The doctor is a GP for Kaiser. I figured that he couldn't do anything except kick me to the next doctor which would need to be a sports medicine guy. I was right. I was referred to a sports medicine doctor. They will call me. It just kind of bugs me that i have to go thru hoops to see the doc I need. They also took an X-ray. It's not a bone issue, so it would be a waste of time. But what the fuck.

Last weekend for my show. I have had a great time with this one. It was a challenge. I haven't been a lead in a while, and it is also very tough language. Contemporary Shakespeare if you will. I'm not usually sad when a show ends, but this one has been very fun...

2 comments:

shelly blaisdell said...

on behalf of all kitties. . . . thank you.

ps. the "word" I must type into the security box to post this comment is "Frumndly" Just thought you might be interested.

I think I'm going to start using frumndly as a real word now. here is its definition: Adjective. a state of being friendly yet grumpy. As i,n "The guy I always see at the bank is fumndly. He smiles at me but I can tell he'd rather be at the beach."

spartacus said...

Ok. I'm going to start using Frumndly myself.

As for animals and children, you are supposed to save them. They don't know any better not to do certain things.