Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sex

I keep a journal. Handwritten. 66 volumes of angst and perturbation. Probably several million words.
With tales of sex sprinkled through out.

I'm consolidating the sex into one volume specifically. From my first kiss thru all the things I have learned. Which may or may not be that much.

Now I grant you that women are mysterious creatures and I think they have a hard time believing that men are so simple. But we really are. I love women. When I walk down the street I only see women. Men are just fuzzy blurs. (I stole that from Richard Feynman, actually.)
This volume of sex is not going to read like Penthouse Forum. Though some stories are remarkably strange and unbelievable. This specific journal will be the women I slept with. The few I loved. The ones I snogged in a car after various parties. The ones who broke my heart. The ones who tore my heart out, stabbed it with a knife, ate part of it, set it on fire, then flushed the ashes... Ok, maybe that was just one girl.

And a few (or could be many) I was interested in but they never called me back.

Will anyone read this volume? Nope. No one will be reading my journals either. They are my way of doing therapy without the cost of a shrink. I just thought it would be interesting to write down all the experiences that made me the (hm.. what word am I looking for here? Lover? Idiot?) I am.

Why do this? Every person you sleep with helps shape you. What you like or don't like. What you will or will not be down for. I was flogged by a professional Dom once. (It was a birthday thing.) It was interesting, but I didn't add it to my "things I'm into" as far as sex goes. It was a test of endurance. I also wanted to prove something to the people watching who thought I was a wimp. I did discover I mark easily. The Dom liked that...

No comments: