Thursday, September 23, 2010

Cats

I'm taking care of a couple cats right now. They are sweet, curl up in my lap, but damn they are little furnaces so I have to throw them out of my lap after a while. Throw is too strong a word. Evict them from my lap.
I still think they can see into other dimensions. Or they are just plain nuts. I don't know which. But I'd like a government grant to do some research to decide if they are nuts.

They have been fighting a bit. I don't know what cats fight about but the hissing and thumping that goes with the fights is pretty spectacular. Then I find tufts of black fur on the carpet from the longhaired cat who is typically the loser.

They like going outside. Which worried me a bit when one didn't come back until it was dark. If it was a 12 year old kid I could say "come back when the street lights come on." But it's a cat. I don't know if it knows where it lives and it had no tag. I'm in Burbank, but there are coyotes sometimes. And I saw a raccoon once. So I try to keep a close eye on them.

If the cats disappeared I'd be very bummed. I've never had any animal come to harm while I have been in charge of it.

1 comment:

shelly blaisdell said...

I know you're more of a dog person, so I'm glad you're getting a dose of Kat. Yes, they can see into other dimensions and yes, they are crazy and yes, they are little heaters and they are often bread machines too. have you ever been under the super powerful kneading paws of death? Pretty impressive strength.

I dont know how they know to come home and its terrifying to wonder EVERY evening if your best friend is coming home.