Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11

I remember being woken up after 6 am by a phone call. "Turn on your TV."



I turned the TV and couldn't believe what I was seeing. The first tower was burning.



I watched until my alarm went off and I had to get ready for work. I drove to Santa Monica listening to the radio and hearing the morning DJs describe what was going on in NYC,



The office was watching TV. Not much was being accomplished. I was given the option to skip my everyday work tasks. I chose to do it because I needed normalcy and I had an appointment to keep in the valley. Watching the TV made me feel helpless.



In the elevator of an office building a woman looked at me and said "isn't it awful? how do you fight this?" We still don't have a good answer.

Burning the Koran was an idea that didn't work.

How about education? Teaching the people in the world more than the contents of one book. Keeping people stupid and inflamed works to control them. They will believe what they are told because they don't know how to think for themselves. And don't have the resources to figure it out on their own.

When the world is smarter, and not hungry, then maybe you won't have another 9/11.

No comments: