Friday, June 19, 2009

Stockholm

I like this city much more than I did Copenhagen. The hostel is much nicer. The city is much cleaner. It's a different vibe. Tough to explain. There's a lot to do here, but I'm here during Midsummer's eve and day. So 3/4 of the museums are closed. It was a shock with the first one then I noticed a trend...

Because of the holiday there are a few things that will have to wait until tomorrow or Sunday. The intriguing one is the Vampire Bar. Is this one of those goth places that has a bunch of pale vampire wannabes? I'm curious. I played a vampire on the internet in Dark Commandos. So I have a fondness for the creatures. But is the bar for vampires or human tourists sucked in by the name?

I leave for home early Monday morning. I am ready to go home. The trip will be long. The flight is at 6 am, so I am gonna go to the airport the night before and hang out. I'll check in and cat nap on a couch or something until my flight. The flight goes to Paris first, then from Paris to Salt Lake City, then to LA. Why 3 flights? That's how it worked out. 15.5 hours flying time, 18.5 hours travel time total. Plus 6-7 sacked out at the airport. It didn't make sense to get a room for the final night. I'm sure I'll figure out if that was a mistake...

We need transporters like in Star Trek. And jetpacks, just because.

No comments: