Monday, February 16, 2009

Long Shot

Okay, I was one of the roughly 17000 people who submitted an application to the Queensland board of tourism for a dream job of hanging out on the Great Barrier Reef for 6 months and making $105,000. I sent in the video today with a picutre, the one on this blog, me rappeling in a suit. I used that picture because there is a "what the fuck" moment when people see it. They actually look at the picture.

The video is 60 seconds or less. I did it in 47.99 seconds. I tried to make it funny and show that I had experience taking care of a ... reef. Housesitting for people has totally prepared me for this job. Dogs are like sharks, right? Only smaller and furry...

They will look at the videos. Select 50, and from that 50 they cut it down to 11. Then those 11 people go to Queensland to interview. The odds are amazing. But I like to think I can beat those odds. And even if I don't just the process of making the video (thanks Cheeto!) has made me giddy for a few days...

No comments: