Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Women: part 1

I love women. When I walk down the street I only see women. Men are just fuzzy blurs. (Okay, I stole that line from Richard Feynman and QED)

This might become more about me than about women.

Men are task/goal oriented. If there is a problem we try to fix it. Women will talk about it. The discussion doesn't necessarily fix the problem, but they feel better. So in many ways, I have no idea how a woman's mind works. For guys it's like there is an 800 page manual on how women think and whatnot, and chapters 14, 23, 32, 46,& 57 are missing. My good friend says she has no idea how her mind works or what drives her. So on some level, it's good to know I'm not the only one out in the wilderness.

It would be much simpler if a woman would just tell a man, "This is bugging me, please stop it." And most of the time we'll stop. It's that simple. I remember hearing an interview with a 105 year old man and his 103 year old wife. He was asked how it lasted so long. He said, "Two words: Yes, dear."

Women's magazines are mean to women. Cosmopolitan, for example. 28 articles on why you are fat. 39 articles on why men suck. And one article on why you should wake a man with a blowjob. ( I agree with that last one.) Men's magazines, Field and Stream for instance, does not have articles titled, "Why those big fish in the river are laughing at you." Doesn't happen.

My experiences with women are a bit out of the ordinary, I think. Sometimes translation is required. These are 3 things I have heard from women in the past.

1. "Be careful, I mark easy." Translation: I am cheating on someone who regularly sees me naked. I you scratch me he will know...
2. "You are so attentive." Translation: Someone I am involved with now takes me for granted and I feel neglected.
3. "I don't normally do this." Translation: I'm drunk. You're cute.

How did I hear these things? I have been the object of some infidelity in the past. Mostly without my knowledge. Information was kept from me. Like boyfriends, husbands, etc. So why did these women want to cheat?

I'm really cute.

Or maybe the relationship they are in has gotten to that point where they feel they are not getting the attention they used to. Something is lacking; emotion or sex or both. The Grr/Purr factor has become routine. There's also a chance that Life has happened. Everyday work, kids, soccer practice, have taken the edge off the passion. Men also get comfortable and then fat.

Some women have cheated because they know they can get away with it. Me, the object, wasn't that important. Most any good looking Male would be good for a fling. But cheating always starts from the inside.

1 comment:

LolaDiana said...

Yes, you are really cute....

and a little nerdy which is kinda adorable.