Saturday, July 30, 2011

Comic Con 2011 -Day 2


On Friday I made arrangements to hang out with my friend Bill. I got him into the convention as my guest. Since I am on a panel I get in and so does a guest. The picture above is us I found on a website. It's amazing who takes pictures of us and posts them. We walked around the Torchwood line with the misguided thought of getting into the panel, but since people lined up the night before, there was no chance. But the people in line stopped us to take our pictures constantly. Which is kinda fun.

Bill and I hung out until 4 pm when he left. The coat he wears as Jack is wool. In San Diego, wool is a bad thing. So he had a starbucks cup that he kept filling with ice and water all day. There is a finite amount of time he can wear the costume, and then he has to call it a day.

Later Friday I looked around for my other costumes in the hotel room. Oddly they weren't there. So I went to the car. Also not there. Where did I have Carnage and Scarlet Spider? I recalled carrying it out of the apartment. I think I recalled carrying it thru the hotel. Did I leave it in the elevator after pushing the button? I had 2 full loads of stuff to carry into the hotel. I don't recall what happened. Did I leave them at home?

Yes. Yes I did.

Not in my apartment. I left them on the driveway behind my car and drove off distractedly. DOH! This I learned when I pulled into the drive for my apartment when I returned from Comic Con on Sunday. The mask for Carnage was gone. Stolen. Nothing else was taken. All rifled thru, but not stolen. My neighbor moved it from the driveway to the mailbox, but didn't think that someone in the building loading a car might have accidentally left it. She's a timid mouse and afraid of her own shadow. Doesn't think things thru.

But it is my fault for leaving them. If I had realized earlier I was missing the costumes I could have called someone to go to my place. But stupidly I didn't. I'll have to remake the mask. Make it better...

So I went to bed kind of sad and distracted. I really wanted to walk around in costume the rest of the weekend.

No comments: