Thursday, December 23, 2010

Camelback Conquered


Last year I tried to go up Camelback Mountain in Phoenix, AZ. Last year my foot prevented me from making it up to the top.

This year I beat the Mountain.

I did have a year of not doing foolish things. Well, relatively not foolish things. And I also tried using different footwear. Last year I had on running shoes. They were so soft that they bent over every rock and protruberance, thusly hurting my foot. This year I had hiking boots. They were heavy with a hard soles and went over the ankle and provided support there.

It was a 49m 19s to get to the top, and 45 minutes to get down. Down would have been easier if I were able to jump and run down like a billy goat, but I didn't want to risk hurting myself. We could have hoofed it when we got back tot he street, but we were chatting and not too worried about the time.

So I beat the mountain. Because it defeated me last year, that was the reason I called Terry to hike it this year.

Bottom line. I hold grudges. I don't forget...

No comments: