Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Uncertain Times

I haven't written much lately. I was without a computer for awhile when housesitting at a lovely house in Culver City. Because I lacked a computer screen to look at I watched seasons 1 & 2 of Battlestar Galactica, and season 4 of The West Wing. I just traded one screen for another. BSG is an awesome series. I forgot how good until I sat for several large blocks of time and watched it uninterrupted on a big screen TV. Which is an awesome thing. I'd get one, but that is at least a month's rent. Maybe two.

Being without email was inconvenient though I was able to get basic email on my cell phone. I couldn't open any attachments or look at photos.

With all the stuff going on in Haiti and the aftermath of the earthquake, the people dying and starving, I didn't feel like the things I might write about really amounted to much. It would be me making snarky comments about things. And there's enough of that on FOX.

I have been comparing the coverage of the earthquake on FOX and MSNBC. Fox barely covered the tragedy at all. It was a issue used to villify the Obama administration. How quickly they addressed the problem in relation to how quickly they commented on the underwear bomber. These two things are apples and EARTHQUAKES. A guy on a plane failed to blow it up and an earthquake devastated the poorest country in this hemisphere. 200,000 feared dead. Mass graves, buried bodies. No food, human suffering that is unimaginable to us in the US. The scope of it is so beyond what we can comprehend, it doesn't compare to a guy on a plane. It's absurd. FOX should be ashamed of itself.

But what does Palin think? (Does Palin think?)

So I have been quiet as I ponder my life. How to pay rent for Febuary? It's a timing thing at this moment... What checks come in and when...

No comments: