Friday, October 10, 2008

Rants and Wingnuts

I was at Vons getting food the other night and I saw a woman with a cute 3 year old girl. The mom asked if she wanted a banana. "Yes" she said. "Do you want it now?" mom asked. "Yes." So the mom peeled the banana she hadn't paid for and gave it to the girl. Um, isn't that technically stealing? She didn't pay for the banana, so she shouldn't be giving it to the child. Since bananas are paid for by weight, how is she going to pay for food already consumed? Show a banana peel with a #4011 sticker? Can't really extrapolate the wieght of a banana from the casing. I see people opening cookies and drinking sodas they plan to pay for, but it's wrong. You don't own it. You can't drive a car for a few days before you buy it. Can't watch a TV you haven't paid for.
Now I don't have any children, so I can say I wouldn't give a child a banana in a store, but I haven't been subjected to the whining and wheedling a cranky child, so I might placate them with a cookie.
Or I might be a parent and teach my kids what is and is not the proper way to behave.
Hmm... there's a blog in there. Kids...

McCain: where to go now? At his own rally today he had to correct a crazy old lady who inarticulately said Obama "is an Arab." And he had to say they don't have to fear an Obama presidency. (Uh, isn't that what you have been telling people for the last week?) And when he said this, they, his own party at his own rally booed him. What do you do now? He has nothing he can do. If he continues these attacks on Obama it could lead to violence. He's got nowhere to go and nothing to say since he can't talk about the economy.

Palin: Troopergate. She put out her own 21 page report this morning exonerating her of any wrong doing. 5 pm today, the bipartisan commission in Alaska released their 253 page report saying she used her office improperly to influence the guy she eventually fired to fire her brother in law. The report was supposed to come out today, and McCain campaign tried to have it supressed until after the election. The news of her own report has vanished from the news. Funny.

Can I vote now?

How can anyone be undecided about this election? For fuck sake. How about this, if you haven't made up your mind by now, DON'T VOTE. We don't need you. You don't seem to have 3 neurons to rub together, so don't vote. It will give you the excuse to complain about the way the country is run. If you vote, you took part in the process, and then you'll have to grin and bear the outcome just like the rest of us. And if you are believing this hogwash about Obama being a terrorist or a muslim, You are an idiot. Read the paper. Read a book.
I remember 2 women who worked for my folks. During an election in the 80's I recall one saying she wouldn't vote for Jerry Brown. I asked why. "Because this is a Christian country." Really? This country was started by people so religiously extreme that England said, "Get out." The framers of the constitution gave freedom of religion to all who live here, but also freedoom from a state sponsored religion. Separation of Church and state., baby. Relgion should not be in this election. As long as you are not sacrificing babies or kittens in your religious practice, I don't really care what you believe. Just don't wake me early on a Saturday morning.

So, am I a ranter or a wingnut? hmm...

Hey you kids, get off my lawn! ;)

1 comment:

shelly blaisdell said...

Wouldn't it be great if before you could cast your vote, you had to answer some really basic questions to prove that you've actually got a brain. If you answered "yes" to a question like "Is Obama an Arab?" you would hear that descending "wa wa wa" melody that comes when a contestant looses on a game show and the screen would say "sorry, you're not eligible to vote in this election Better luck next time."

ps I'm that mother who gave my toddler a banana at the store. but I always told the checker to weigh another banana from my cart twice.