Friday, April 17, 2015

Sarcastic Dog


I was looking after these 2 dogs for about 9 days. They are giant Schnauzers. The one on the couch is about a year old, the one on the floor is about 8 years old.

The puppy was a bundle of energy, and while it made me crazy at times dealing with it, the older dog was done,  just done. The older dog dealt day in and day out with this puppy energy in his face, literally. The puppy would jump around the older dog and nip at his face and beard. The older dog would stand immobile and take it, but you could tell that he hated it, and if he could he would have fought back. The older dog would look at me with this attitude of, "You see what I have to put up with? Fuck."

That was the  look I called Sarcastic Dog. It was an almost human thing. Shoulders slumped, thinking, Fuck me. And fuck this stupid annoying dog."

It was a really hard time dealing with the dog. Sarcastic dog was easy. The puppy was a handful to control. Which I really didn't. When I meet animals like that I wonder how the owners endure having such an animal. I was at my rope's end at least once a day.

But I had an ally. Sarcastic dog understood my troubles.

1 comment:

shelly blaisdell said...

oh yeah . . . puppies are like four year old humans. I can totally see the look on Sarcastic Dog's face.