Friday, May 30, 2014

Factory Reset

I wish there was a factory reset button for our bodies. With a computer if something catastrophic happens you can drop in a disk and return the machine back to the settings it had when it was fresh out of the box.

The human body needs that.

I'm saying this after having a medical issue that which really sucked and is leaving me with traces of pain. The proper term is post herpetic neuralgia. I had shingles. On my face. It felt like I was getting a facial tattoo 24/7.  But after the outbreak on my face had scabbed over and healed, the pain remained. It's the nerves which were damaged by the shingles not going back to normal. I'm on meds, but it is taking a while for it to work. I hope it works soon.

So my wanting a reset is to get rid of the pain and have my face feel normal again. But in the reset scenario all the other damage to my body would be gone. The injuries from work and sports and other things I still carry. I think everyone has these traces of a life lived with them but you get used to the  pain. And the amount of pain you can get used to is pretty amazing. It just settles in and becomes a new normal.

I don't want this nerve pain to be a long term new normal. I want to reset.

1 comment:

shelly blaisdell said...

"The New Normal" is an awesome phrase. could be a good band name.

Factory reset is brilinat.
I wonder if we could also do a reset for conditioned attitudes.