Sunday, May 19, 2013

Couldn't Do That If I Tried

There are occurrences which happen quite often I put in the category of "I couldn't do that if I tried." It is the little things. Not accidents per se, but the probability of being able to replicate the same thing on purpose would be difficult if not a huge waste of time.

Examples are: a paper tag from a tea bag falls off the string and lands perfectly perched on the handle of the kitchen drawer below it. Balanced freakishly but impossible to do again if you intended to do so.

Having a rope wrap around a chain as you pull up an chain motor in such a knot that you have to drop the motor back into the ground so someone can fix it. Granted most people don't end up on an I beam pulling up chain motors, but it has happened to me on occasion.

It's usually something small, the fall of a piece of paper, or the toss of an object which lands in some unlikely way. When it happens I always say to myself either out loud or in my head,

I couldn't have done that if I tried.

1 comment:

shelly blaisdell said...

i love those moments.

I wish I could picture the rope / chin know you mention.