Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Acupuncture and My Ass

Acupuncture is kinda funny. I've been getting it done for my foot and ankle. I get a massage of my foot and then needles get poked into me and they get hooked up to a machine that sends current into the needles. The massage hurts a lot. Imagine a really painful bruise. Now imagine massaging it for 20 minutes. I know where the pain is as I try not to yelp.
The process has helped I think. The swelling has gone down, and I can walk without the "pimp walk" happening.
But why do they keep asking about my bowel movements? The foot bone is connected to the leg bone, but why this obsession with my ass? It should have no bearing on the swelling in my ankle, the soreness of the tendons and ligaments.
I find it funny. And the foot is doing better in a way traditional, prescribe a pill for the problem, medicine probably wouldn't have helped.

No comments: