Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Envy

I'm working with some guys putting in a hardwood floor at my friend's house. Not easy work to be sure. We were listening to a radio commercial about flights to Austraila for $598 round trip. I said I wanted to go. Just walk out and disappear for a couple weeks. They commented that I had no ties. No wife, kids, pets, and they envied that I could go with a moments notice.

I kind of envy them. They have wives, kids, and pets. A real life. Funny that they want what I have, and I would like what they have.

Sometime I will figure this whole thing out.

1 comment:

shelly blaisdell said...

Major hot topic for me personally. I love my family,but IF i was not in committed relationships right now I WOULD BE TRAVELING THE WORLD. I have NO idea why single people ( who are not taking care of elders) would WANT to do this boring routine of bills and jobs. WHY???? Now, that being said . . . I DO love that you are here . . .