Sunday, June 30, 2013

DOMA and Prop 8

These were struck down by SCOTUS this week. Not sweeping decisions impacting the entire country but a  small step.

I do find the conservatives reactions funny. I think they were expecting earthquakes to immediately hit the USA. Nope no earthquakes. So for all the "Jesus Wept" tweets of Mike Huckabee former governor and FOX news gold huckster, all I got to say to you is "fuck off." 

No gay marriage makes any straight marriage less legitimate. What does it do to Rick Santorum's marriage? Nothing. It might effect Michelle Bachmann's marriage because her gay husband can now marry the boyfriend he's probably hiding. But all in all it does nothing to harm anyone's marriage.

I think the problem conservatives have is gay sex. They think it's icky. Sodomy was only removed as being a crime in 2003. Lawrence v. Texas. I always wondered how the cops would enforce sodomy laws. Do you break into a house during "illegal" sex? How rude.

The only drawback I see to gay marriage is gay divorce lawyers. Anything that creates more lawyers is kinda suspect.

No comments: