Thursday, May 24, 2012

What Day Is It?

I find myself asking this question sometimes. It's not necessarily that I don't know, but sometimes I lose track. That happens when I'm super busy, or have absolutely nothing to do. 


This month I've been super busy. I was working for about 3 weeks without many days off. I'd know what time I needed to be at work, but I didn't really know what day it was. Because after a while I would lose track. Especially with the conference I worked in Las Vegas. It was 7 days of work, 6 in Vegas. And the timeless nature of Vegas added to my confusion. 


I also add days to my week sometimes when I work in the morning and then have a late night call time all in the same day. The work in the morning is normal. I'll try to sleep in the daytime because I know I'm going to work at midnight until 4 in the morning. So by taking that determined nap of several hours my body thinks that it has been a night sleep. A short night, but a night. And a day is added to my week to create confusion. 


It's a weird life I lead. As a kid in school you go to class 5 days a week and have weekends free. In a normal desk job type of work situation you work 5 days a week and have weekends free. I haven't had a normal job in a decade or more and my work schedule is always fluctuating. So I lose track of days. 


But I'm rarely bored. 

No comments: