Sunday, February 5, 2012

DIY Acting

Fuck it.

I'm going to create something to act in-- starring me. Why the fuck not? It worked for Ben Affleck and Matt Damon with Good Will Hunting. So I'm going to do my own project.

As an artist actors are kind of stuck in an unfortunate situation. We need other people. Writers can write on the back of a napkin if necessary, visual artists need whatever form they work in and may not even need reality to create art. But actors... We need other people.

So I'm going to create a web series for me to act in. The technology is there that makes it possible to shoot something one the most simple of cameras. Recently there was a movie I heard of that was shot on an Iphone. So with simple editing programs I can shoot something to showcase ME. I'm the product and I need to be bought.

I started writing on and off about a year ago. Since it's a web series I'm thinking of stories that can be told in 3 minutes of less. The hard part is getting help. I'm not used to asking for assistance when I have projects because most of the things I do I can do by myself.

What I need is pretty simple. Camera man, boom operator/sound guy, and someone to direct. I'm not going into this trying to direct myself. That seems foolish... Lighting would be pretty simple and the technology in cameras makes it possible to shoot with available light.

I was involved with a web series 12 years ago before anyone knew what to do with the internet. I saw the grand ideas yield minimal results. I'm going to think economically.

I just need to keep writing...

No comments: