Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years Eve

Well, it's December 31st. I survived another one.

I don't really know where the time went. I can go back and read my journals, this blog, and see what I was thinking and doing, but whatever it was it went pretty fucking quick. I remember when I was a kid time moved so slowly. Now it just flashes by with "birthday, birthday, birthday."

I know time passes and we humans have figured out a way to plot it out and measure it. But I really don't have much use for time. I know we have to have it because without it how could we have deadlines and things being completed by Friday? But time doesn't mean much to me. It guess we need it. It can't always be Tuesday, for example. But the construct of the weekend starting on Friday. Really, we could have the weekend start on a Tuesday. Then Wednesday would be the morning they play cartoons, and Thursday would be the sabbath for some religions.

This year was okay. I wanted more, but that is just a human thing to want more than you have and be more than you are. No one wants to be average. We all want to be special. Or extra special.

This year I will risk more than my life. In other words, I will have more skin in the game.

No comments: